Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Burley Fair




It's almost been a month since we've had a Gandara family post-eek! I figured you were all overdue for an update. We have had a lot of family time in the last month starting with the Burley Fair! Many of you know that for the past 22 years the Barnes family has set up shop on the corner of 11th and Elba selling cotton candy. And for 22 years now it has been $1 a bag! My brother and I used earn our money for school clothes by helping out during fair week and now it's fun to bring our kids back to Burley for the Fair experience. I've never had so much fun as I had watching my little girl try to make her first pig noises! And even after all these years Granny and Grand-dad still paid us some of those $1 bills in exchange for our company. Because let's face it...at this point, bringing grandchildren along is more of a distraction than a help. A welcomed distraction I'm sure, but still-a distraction :)


No comments: