Thursday, September 25, 2008

Joel's B-Day!










This birthday may just rank as Joel's favorite birthday ever. Many of you know that Joel and I struck up a little "deal" this time last year. The deal was that if Joel lost 40 pounds by his birthday this year, I would buy him a dirtbike. At first, I wasn't sure if he was really going to go all-out working towards this goal. And lets face it, I'm not the greatest encouragement with my candy intake :)

BUT-sometime in June he started to get really motivated. He started riding his bicycle to and from work (about 25 miles per day), joined a soccer league and watched what he ate. While Joel hasn't quite reached his goal yet.....we decided to get the bike anyway. We compromised on a used 2007 Yamaha YZ450F. I wanted to reward his efforts and encourage him to stay active. As I have had to debate with many people...I figure the risk of him being unhealthy due to inactivity outweighted the risk of him getting injured on a dirtbike. Hopefully I will not eat those words. Start sending up those prayers :)


Other than the main event, Joel opened some great presents from our family and friends-THANK YOU to everyone! We also ate Flying Pie and a homemade cake (enjoy the video!). We sure love celebrating this awesome guy! Happy 3-6 Hubs.






No comments: